START’s mission – an initiative that is being developed under the sponsorship of Microsoft – is to offer access to a complete series of programs and services for the development of innovative ideas and digital skills, with the goal of promoting technological advancement and the creation of sustainable tech-oriented businesses. The program’s ambition is to breathe life into the local community and bring its people closer and under an educational and cultural roof, open to anyone, regardless of origin.
The educational center includes three halls, each utilized for different educational purposes:
- 2 of the halls are equipped with 10 computers each, with the goal of serving the needs of digital skills courses. The halls can also be used for seminars, presentations, keynote speeches and tech-oriented one-day conferences. For example, one of these events could revolve around youth entrepreneurship.
- 1 innovation lab (Tech Lab), where participants can become actively involved in innovative and exciting educational activities such as 3D printing.
Start Project provides digital skills to all social groups
- Courses on innovative technologies, computer use, internet security, coding for children, teenagers and adults.
- Courses that focus on a vast array of digital skills, such as the utilization of social networks for employment opportunities and proper management of personal profiles.
- Introductory courses for coding, applications’ development, website and personal web pages’ development.
- Consulting seminars for entrepreneurial development, participation in investment programs and the search for business opportunities.
- Introduction to emerging and innovative technologies such as 3D printing, automation and robotics along with training on specialized equipment.
Free and open access to knowledge
The initiatives are directed towards all the members of the municipality, including underserved groups as well. All of the educational programs and the respective initiatives are free and open to the public. The only requirement is to register online in order to reserve a spot. After the completion of the courses, all attendees will receive a certificate of participation.
The goal of this program is to create a multifaceted space, which, in the long run, could offer even more educational activities revolving around technology and entrepreneurship. Along its life cycle, the schedule of the initiatives will be evolved and shaped according to the needs of the local community.